Datagrid in scroller on iOS update speed?

Terence Heaford t.heaford at btinternet.com
Sun Sep 29 05:28:57 EDT 2013

Scrolling of a DataGrid is something that interests me.

Not because I have a solution but because it is also limited on the desktop.

I think the reason is simple, the solution is difficult.

The reason it is slow is because it is based upon fields and is scripted.

It is not really my place to say this because I am only a simple open source user but it is about time
all these scripted programming environments and I also include SuperCard in this had a proper
table object built in that is programmed in the underlying language. C, C++, ObjectiveC.

Why has this not been done. I suspect it is because of the time required/difficulty in programming it.

I have an interest in programming in Cocoa and have implemented a financial type table with 6 columns and say 2000 rows
of data in SuperCard, Cocoa and LiveCode.

I programmed my own external for SuperCard using Cocoa and it is fairly speedy and it uses fields as the basis.

I used LiveCodes DataGrid which is fields/scripting based and find it to slow/not smooth when scrolling.

I used NSTableView in the Cocoa app and it is smooth and fast. No problems at all.

Perhaps someone will take up the challenge?

All the best

Terry