[OT] Temperature and Creativity

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 20:53:40 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 8:15 AM, Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Did you have factual or anecdotical data about this?
> Are you more creative in autumn and winter?

Silicon Valley is in California which would suggest a warm sunny
environment is best for fermenting creative juices.

The earliest record of the wheel is from Mesopotamia (Iraq) which lies
within the tropics.

Ofcourse one could argue that the greatest invention of all, sliced bread,
was by Otto Frederick Rohwedder, from Missouri - outside the tropics.

The need to control fire I guess came from a desire to ward off cold
nights, so maybe cooler climes does spark the need to be creative.