Write file to /external_sdcard/documents

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Sep 22 21:50:54 EDT 2013

On 23/09/2013, at 11:28 AM, Roger Eller wrote:

> I haven't tried mergAndroid yet, but I do have "prefer external storage"
> checked.

Do you mean write external storage?

> When I looked for my file that was written to
> specialFolderPath("Documents") & "/data.txt", I couldn't find it.

SpecialFolderPath("Documents") is private data storage. There's also an undocumented SpecialFolderPath("External Documents") on android which is also private but in external storage. mergAndroid gets the paths to the public folders on the external storage that user's can copy files into.

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!