Assist needed for crash when printing on Linux

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Sep 22 03:45:09 EDT 2013

Richard, this may be teaching my grandmother....  but when confronted with
this sort of thing I usually try another linux, preferably fairly minimal.
So for instance, plain Debian, maybe with another desktop than gnome, xfce
for instance or openbox.  Then if that crashes, maybe a slackware based
distribution.

In the interests of saving time in this case, I might go straight to a plain
vanilla slackware installation and try with that.  That is the most
untweaked linux there is.  If it crashes a vanilla slackware installation,
its just about certain to be livecode itself.  If not, its almost certainly
down to some feature of either ubuntu, this particular release, or maybe
this particular installation.

Maybe compare CUPS versions if you find one that does not crash?

Al