How to use Bonjour in Mac and Windows

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sat Sep 21 18:23:04 EDT 2013

On 22/09/2013, at 7:43 AM, Bill Vlahos <bvlahos at mac.com> wrote:

> I'd like to see some examples on using Bonjour to register a service and query. The LiveCode dictionary doesn't have anything and I don't see anything in RevOnline.
>
> I only see a reference to Monte's external which looks to be for mobile and I want this for Mac and Windows.

On desktop you can use dns-sd. Open the process to start your service. Close process to stop it. One day I might do a desktop bonjour external. The iOS one would be quite easy to move to OS X. I'd need to re-implement in straight C to go completely cross platform though. With dns-sd available though I haven't considered this to be a huge priority.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!