Pitch shifting Audio

Mark Wilcox m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 20 17:08:35 EDT 2013

To pitch shift audio in real-time here is the basis for a cross-platform external:
http://www.surina.net/soundtouch/
This could probably be integrated alone quite neatly.

Pulling the audio out of a video to be able to pitch shift it in real-time could be done with ffmpeg (you need to decode it before you can pitch shift), although on mobile platforms that is extremely inefficient vs using system frameworks that take advantage of dedicated hardware. If you need this you might as well be replacing LiveCode's multimedia support.

When the platform refresh is complete it might be feasible to extend LiveCode in this direction but I wouldn't recommend anyone attempt it at the moment.

Unless this requirement is just a small part of a bigger project that LiveCode is very well suited for then I'd be inclined to agree that it's the wrong tool for the job.

Mark