Pitch shifting Audio

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri Sep 20 16:04:08 EDT 2013

I don't want to discourage anyone, or say 'it can't be done' (and someone
will try to prove me wrong) but..

This is something that Livecode isn't really appropriate for.
The audio package in LC is just not up to this kind of specialized task,
and is covered by several free or open source applications. Be aware that
in the current engine, one can't even export an audio file to any format.
 ( I wrote some handlers to do that entirely in Livecode, but had to
reverse engineer the internal audio format and do all sorts of kludgey
things. And at the end of the day, LC audio limited to 16 bit and 48k
sample rate.

We're promised an A/V tool upgrade sometime in the future but I think it's
way 'back burner' and may still not manifest.

LC is a toolkit of 'stuff' that is great for 99% of most applications, but
not this, you'd be into the law of diminishing returns.  A cross-platform
'external to do the job' might have to end up being an application written
completely in the native code anyway.

--

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA