6 point 5 and double-clicking

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 13:57:56 EDT 2013

On 09/17/2013 08:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> "fixed already" as in "when dp2 is released double-clicking will work
>> again in linux". Until then 6.5 is unusable on linux.
>
> Everyone has their own OS preference, and I certainly don't begrudge
> Kevin or Ben for anything they feel they can be most productive with.
>
> Just the same, I think it would be an eye-opening experience if Ben
> were to take just one week each year and do all of his LiveCode work
> on Ubuntu.
>
> I suspect a hundred paper cuts would get addressed post haste if he
> had first-hand experience with them.

As far as I remember, about 4 years ago, when I visited the RunRev
place, ALL their machines were Macintoshes.

Now that is pretty dangerous.

Reminds me of a farmer who kept ducks as well as hens;
so when the hens all dies he still had eggs for his breakfast.

How one can produce a cross-platform product without doing parallel
development on machines running all the systems one aims/claims to
support escapes me.

Having said that . . . I produce my Devawriter Pro for both Mac and
Windows . . . largely on a Mac; however, prior to each release I do "pop
over" to Windows and test the thing out.

--------- Road Rage Patch follows; people with delicate digestive
systems should skip this or tune out completely --

THAT REMINDS ME . . .

When is RunRev going to sort out the thing where Windows Vista, 7, 8 and
counting substitute fonts in Unicode Text fields in Livecode standalones
so there is a horrible mismatch between substituted charatcers and those
supplied by a custom unicode font that leverages the Pravte Use Area in
the Unicode system?

Nothing visible on the horizon.

-------End of Rage -----

Aaah, that feels better (even if it hasn't been solved) having got it
off my chest.

Richmond.