Converting Python

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Sep 17 13:41:03 EDT 2013

Richmond-

Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 10:15:05 AM, you wrote:

> It probably is about time, after all the "Hoo-Ha" from RunRev anent Open
> Source, and us stumping up our crinklies, and they being totally bl**dy
> slow about fulfilling their Kickstarter Goals, that some sort of pressure
> was brought to bear, and . . ;. how to start forking alternate versions
> was made public and easy; even if for no other reason than that RunRev
> could no longer go on rejecting ideas because it didn't give somebody a
> warm fuzzy, and, instead putting this sort of thing to some sort of
> Community vote . . .

Ah. Open source does thankfully not mean governance by committee or by
consensus. *Someone* has to make the decisions. The entire source for
the engine and the IDE and all is available for anyone to grab, make
changes as desired, and build their own version. The result, of
course, also has to be open source - contributing code back to the
main trunk for the common good is encouraged, but there's no guarantee
of acceptance. But the build process is documented, and if you want to
create LiveRichmond for special purposes that are not in the official
build, you're welcome to do so. And feel free to incorporate my
alternatelanguages branch when you do.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net