Converting Python

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Tue Sep 17 10:30:13 EDT 2013

Greetings!

Anyone have any experience with Python? I am looking to convert some routines that are written in Python to LiveCode.

What I am tying to do is deal with the RRULE (Recurrence Rule) when reading a iCal Calendar.  I found several projects in PHP and C++ out there, but they are way to large and involved to be used.  But, I found a relatively small Python project (https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyICSParser/) that looks like it would do just what I need.

Can this be converted?  Or maybe you have a better idea?  Or, perhaps someone already has some LiveCode routines to calculate the dates of an iCal event with a RRULE.

ANY thoughts or advice are welcome!

-Dan