Dropbox Library Update

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Sun Sep 15 16:04:50 EDT 2013

Hi Roger

Roger Eller wrote
> You have described exactly what I want to do.  So the app can be delivered
> to end users, and they don't even need to know that Dropbox is the storage
> medium. To them, it is saving data "somewhere in the cloud".

Yes, however the 'originating' user has to go through the Dropbox app
authorization & connection process. I'm imagining that some customers will
not want to use their own (personal or business) Dropbox account for
synching - in which case they should be able to create a new Dropbox account
(as long as they have a working email address to use in the sign-up
verification process) and use that as the one they connect their app to.

Roger Eller wrote
> May I ask you to look at my test stack off-list after I attempt your
> approach?

Sure thing - actually maybe I should spruce up my stack and upload it to
RevOnline - although before I do this I think I should check with Guglielmo
first as all I'm doing is some bits of code wrapped around his great library
- what do you think Guglielmo would you be OK to have a copy of your library
(inside a stack) on RevOnline (may be issues about people downloading old
versions of your library in the future - although maybe I could put in a
link to your URL where they could get the latest version)?

Kind regards

Dave