Okay, I think I'm brain damaged -- nope, I figured it out

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Sat Sep 14 15:34:22 EDT 2013

"But if there were an IDE feature which allowed the engine to use it's best
judgment with built-in timing feedback, it could help us choose.  Perhaps
an expert -vs- auto-pilot flag on repeat structures."

I'd  prefer that LC continue to allow me access to the 'primitives' than to
try to guess what I'm doing. Like predictive text, it may not always know
or do the right thing, then one has to backtrack and re-do it, wasting time
and energy.

Too much AI can be annoying. If the engine did what you want, then that
would take away some of the adaptive skills that we've learned . Then it's
like 'paint by numbers'.   No thanks.

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com