Trying a custom handler for several math fields

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 04:27:59 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 2:42 AM, stephen barncard <
stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 10:46 PM, Geoff Canyon <gcanyon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd create
> > two fields, and hide one of them. If that one is called V for value, and
> > the visible one is D for display, then putting this in the script for V:
> >

> or for easier management, create and use a custom property of the same
> field for the 'hidden' value. This might be easier to manage in a
> multi-field situation and no 'hiding' would be needed.

I thought of that, and in many ways it's a cleaner solution of course. I
was trying to preserve the syntax that is available for the actual contents
of the field. Either way, the point here is that it is absolutely possible
(with a little work) to implement presentational elements for a field's
contents. Showing a number as a percent, for example, would also work.

gc