Field calculations

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Wed Sep 11 20:11:15 EDT 2013

Vaughn.

This structure dates back 25 years. Only the first handler in a script will execute. This is actually useful, since you can write variations, and select the one you want to test, simply by commenting out the first line of the others.

It just takes getting used to.

But if you think about it, what would you, or the engine, make of two "mouseUp" handlers in a single button script? Execute both? Just the second? The sixth? No way, only the first one. So the way it works actually makes sense. You do have to know about that little fact, of course.

Craig