Field calculations

Jim MacConnell jmac at consensustech.com
Wed Sep 11 14:10:11 EDT 2013

Ooooo. One I can help with.

Simplest approach:
Put a script similar to this in a button:
put field "Field 1" + field "Field 2" into field "Field 3
or
put field "Loan Percentage" * field "Loan Amount" into field "Interest"

A little cooler:
Set the script of "Field 1" and "Field 2" to the following and then when an
entry is changed it will automatically update
on closeField
    put field "Field 1" + field "Field 2" into field "Field 3"
end closeField

More generally create a script to do all the math and call it from the
fields. That way everything will always be current.

Jim