[on-rev] Problem with revIgniter on DIESEL - any clue!?

Robert Mann rman at free.fr
Fri Sep 6 13:31:02 EDT 2013

My revIgniter sites throw an error related to file paths since the last few
last days.
I have looked in revIgniter files to identify the problem. Checked the
confif files were OK.
Could find no clue except this possible bug 9869 *depending on the server
version*.

I asked david at on-rev support to check these question and am still waiting
although I really would need these sites to run for tomorrow saterday!!!

If anybody has experiences the same kind of problem please do tell me. It
would be surprising that they installed a different version of rev server
just for my account if that turned out to be the culprit.

the Syndrom is an error message with a really wrong path like :
----------------
file "/home/rman/public_html/groovyarch.com/index.irev"
  row 53, col 1: include: could not find file
(/home/rman/public_html/revIgniter/system/revigniter/../revIgniter/system/revigniter/Common.irev)
file
"/home/rman/public_html/groovyarch.com/../revIgniter/system/revigniter/RevIgniter.irev"
----------------
It seems that revIgniter is not getting the same file and path information
as used to be
the full path "/home/rman/public_html/groovyarch.com/" is added in the front
hence the problem.

and this happens at the start of the operation prior to reading the actual
web application.

possible source ::
There is a bug (9869) in LiveCode Server confirmed by RunRev. LiveCode
Server versions
4.6.3 up to 5.0.2 have two incorrect path environment variables on Lion and
Mountain
Lion. These variables are:

$_SERVER[\"PATH_TRANSLATED\"]
$_SERVER[\"PATH_INFO\"]
As revIgniter is heavily dependent on path variables this means that there
is no way
to run revIgniter using the said OS / server versions.
Note: This issue is fixed in LiveCode Server release: 6.0.0-rc-1.

so questions pending :
0) when has my account being transferred from odin to diesel? And if not
recently, if
the server has been transferred to another ISP lately?

1) what kind of server is diesel :: is it a mac os x? what version of OS X?

2) if mac os X with LION or MOUNTAIN LION :: WHAT VERSION of live code
server is
running on diesel :: there was a bug in previous versions on mac os x
servers.

3) if that is positive, then cure the problem by installing latest live code
server 6
that fixes that issue.
If any of you guys had any part of that info.. please do forward, thanks!

good day,
Robert