Script Editor "Go To Definition"

Thierry Douez th.douez at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 05:46:01 EDT 2013

​i Philip,
​

2013/9/4 Philip Hudson <phil.hudson at iname.com>

> On 4 Sep, 2013, at 2:52 am, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
>
>  On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I believe that's correct. I use the IDE's script editor as little as
>>> possible, so for the most part its bugs don't really affect me.
>>>

>> Is there work happening to let us use real editors in the IDE?  Being
>> able to use vim would be wonderful
>>
>> (ok.  *sigh*  I suppose we should let the heretics have EMACS, too.
>> Hmm, is there a way to code it to allow any editor *but* EMACS?)
>>
>> :)
>>

> +1 for external editors. I'd be glad to (help) develop an xTalk-editing
> major mode for emacs.

​Back in 1999-2000, in the time of metacard, I've been using Emacs for
coding in Xtalk.

Unfortunately, I can't remember anything about the Xtalk major mode I was
using :(
I remember having shared this ​

​tool; maybe some trace left on the net ?
Just to say that it should exist somewhere..

> My condolences on your editor choice, Doc :-)

​He he, was a long time, these Vi-Emacs kisses  :)

Thierry