mergAndroid released!

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Mon Sep 2 00:02:52 EDT 2013

Hi LiveCoders

The long awaited day has come. With the release of LiveCode 6.1.1 RC 4 Android externals are finally a reality. Today I'm releasing my first experiments with this new method of extending LiveCode. While the SDK is still being finalised I have decided to release a single external packed with a smorgasbord of features that will eventually be moved into more appropriately named externals (some providing feature parity with the the current range of iOS externals).

The features so far are presentation of a toast, external storage monitoring and paths, video recording, video picking, barcode scanning and document preview. Barcode scanning relies on the presence of the Barcode Scanner or Barcode Scanner + app. Document preview will use the appropriate app for the document type.

mergAndroid is available exclusively to mergExt Complete (http://mergext.com/buy-mergext) users and won't be sold separately until the SDK settles and the features are moved into more appropriately named individual externals.

Cheers

--
Monte Goulding

mergExt - There's an external for that!