[on-rev] Is on-rev ok? [WAS [on-rev] no more SSH login?]

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 1 13:46:40 EDT 2013

On 8/31/13 10:21 AM, Nicolas Cueto wrote:

> But still getting 500 errors from my RunRev
> based cgi setup, and that's the much more important problem.

If you know the CGI used to work and it suddenly stopped working when
the server changed, the most likely reason is that the 32-bit
compatibility libraries haven't been installed. Write to support and ask
them to install those for you. Until LiveCode is 64-bit, all CGIs will
fail without those.

I am facing the same issue on my own third-party server, and the hosting
company doesn't want to install the libraries. They have temporarily
moved my account to a very old 32-bit machine but will shut that down
soon. I am waiting for a 64-bit build of LiveCode because many of my
sales depend on my CGIs.

Anyone know the status of that? I know Mark Weider was working on it for
a while. Is there anything ready yet that's good enough to run a basic CGI?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com