Layering problem when using video

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Sep 1 13:02:39 EDT 2013

Hi Tom,

The video is rendered in a separate (child) window, on top of everything
else. This means that you can't put a control in front of a playing
movie. If you really want this, you need to create a palette window with
that control and display it in front of the movie. I think that the
Kickstarter roadmap includes re-doing the movie features, which should
also solve this problem.

There are a few ways to work around this problem. E.g. you could show a
picture with the first frame of the movie and the field in front of it.
When the field is hidden, you can display the player control. You could
also make a SMIL file that shows text in front of the movie. You'll have
to figure out how the SMIL format works, though. You could also edit the
movie to include the text in the movie.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille