Vanishing Unicode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Oct 29 17:43:42 EDT 2013

On 10/29/13 12:40 PM, Tereza Snyder wrote:
> Having taken a long mental vacation from coding, I find that I’ve
> forgotten almost everything I knew, but this has got to be more than
> just a mental lapse:
>
> I made a stack that uses a unicode icon font. It worked well. I made
> a standalone, included the font, and used revfontload to load it. It
> worked well. I emailed it to my client. It worked well. I reopened
> that stack today and all I see are little "mystery char" glyphs
> everywhere, and nothing I do, including updating from LC 5.5.4 to
> 6.1.2 changes it.
>
> Can anyone help me before I lose my mind altogether?

No, no, don't lose your mind, you just got it back after a vacation! I'm
glad to see you here again.

In LiveCode 5.5 all the unicode syntax was altered in order to improve
how it works and increase its functionality. So search the dictionary
for "unicode" and see which syntax has replaced the stuff you were using
before. You shouldn't have to change much to get it back to how it was.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com