6.5.0 dp2 Community on Linux

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 15:19:09 EDT 2013

On 10/29/2013 08:25 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richmond-
>
> Tuesday, October 29, 2013, 10:57:24 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Ubuntu 12.04 GNOME 'Classic'
>> gets stuck at the splash screen.
> Is this the installer or is this after installation?
> Any protected third-party plugins?

First attempt: installed and ticked "launch Livecode"; and, on launching
go stuck.

Second attempt: installed. The launched Livecode.

'protected third-party plugins' don't make me laugh, this was me fooling
around in my
lunch break on a machine I have at the school that I use for servicing
the schools "secret" Facebook page
and printing out grammar handouts for the unsuspecting tinies.

A plain vanilla install of Ubuntu 12.04 with a choice of XFCE or GNOME
Classic 'no effects'.

Richmond.