New LiveCode Licences - No mailing list for $500?

Heather Laine heather at runrev.com
Tue Oct 29 10:37:33 EDT 2013

Lets see if I can make this clear.

This list, the use-livecode list, is a totally free and open list. Anyone can join and post. The only requirement is that you sign up using a valid email address. This has been the case throughout its history and will not change. Whilst RR staff do to some extent read and respond on this list it is not an official support forum, we do not guarantee any kind of response here or even to read your email. It's a community list.

The forums:

http://forums.runrev.com

are free and open forums, in general. You can sign up and post there and receive answers from the general community. Again, in general, we do not guarantee any kind of response from our team. However, within the main forum are several dedicated, closed sub forums which are only available to certain groups. One of these is the Commercial Support forum, where users with a Commercial license may post queries and receive a direct and timely response from our technical support team. If you have a current Commercial license, and you have not activated your forum account for participation in this closed forum, please do feel free to email support and request it - I'll need your forum username to add you to the Commercial support forum.

The LiveCode-dev list is a closed, NDA'd list, where Pro license holders may interact directly with our team. This list was previously used to provide support for the LiveCode Developer Program, and will now be used to provide support for the Pro license holders. When I say "support" in this instance I am talking about direct interaction with our management team, rather than technical, coding support, which is provided by email, Skype or phone for Pro license holders.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Regards,

Heather