"Introducing New LiveCode Licenses"

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Mon Oct 28 22:55:11 EDT 2013

A little disconcerting to have a public tiff among highly respected old-timers.

Anyway,

There are many new users who seem to have started LC with an app in mind, usually mobile, These persons, I would have to call them "commercial" programmers, ask questions here and in the forum far beyond their capabilities, having moved too fast for their own good. They ask questions involving aspects of LC that are pretty advanced, yet having little experience with the "put" command.

Of all possible development tools, LC seems to be a breeding ground of such starry eyed optimism. This is a good thing, though it probably leaves a trail of discouraged users, disappointed that their efforts do not bear fruit because they do not have, and will not work to attain, a fundamental understanding of the program.

Lazy kids, mostly. But not all...

Thinking of how HC used to engender that sort of thing.

Craig Newman