Setup Questions for LiveCode Server

Dave Kilroy dave at applicationinsight.com
Tue Oct 22 03:59:26 EDT 2013

Pierre thanks for this - can you expand a bit more on use of MySQL - I use
MySQL but so far only handling pretty tiny amounts of data: am I building in
a performance penalty using MySQL even using simple operations with small
amounts of data or do the differences only manifest when MySQL is being
stressed?

Kind regards

Dave

Pierre Sahores-2 wrote
> simple : never use MySQL as the SQL back-office because it's architecture
> makes it a very slow SQL engine (very bad complexity in time calculations
> ability); use any ACID SQL compliant server instead (PostgreSQL,
> Valentina,…).

-----
"Some are born coders, some achieve coding, and some have coding thrust upon them." - William Shakespeare & Hugh Senior