IOS Standalone Settings

Gerry Orkin gerry.orkin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 00:42:25 EDT 2013

On 22/10/2013, at 1:05 PM, Vaughn Clement <vclement at gmail.com> wrote:

>   1. The IDE creates the app file as the outcome of running the standalone
>   app build. Where is the IPA file created for testing on IOS created? I want
>   to test the app before submission on my iPad. I need to bug test the app on
>   a real iPad.

You are prompted to specify the location when you build - and you can set a default in the standalone settings window 9at the bottom of the window).

>   2. The app file needs to be zipped into a file to send in for review to
>   iTunes. I have sent in many apps via the IOS uploader in the past, I want
>   to know if the app files that LiveCode is all that needs to be in the file?

Yes. Just zip the binary created by the standalone build process and upload that file with the Application Loader app.

>   3. It has been about a year since I submitted my last app for review. I
>   used the 1024 x 768 iPad format standard resolution. Is there any new
>   requirements that I should be aware of for submission?

Dunno. Only built for iPhone so far.

Gerry