Strange unlock screen behavior

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 20 16:38:58 EDT 2013

On 10/19/13 9:24 PM, Geoff Canyon wrote:

> In other words, oddly enough, the mere act of unlocking the screen varies
> in terms of the time it takes by as much as 2x. It gets weirder.
>
> As near as I can tell, the slowdown occurs whenever the ship graphic is
> moving away from 0,0. Updates are fast when the ship is moving toward 0,0.

I don't really know why that would be, but a guess might be that the
closer to 0,0, the fewer pixels the engine has to count in order to
determine where the redraw should occur. But what do I know.

If you're just moving a single thing to a specific point (without the
"move" command) it seems like you wouldn't need to lock the screen at
all. But maybe other things are happening at the same time.

Did you set the layermode of the ship to "dynamic"? That will allow fast
caching, and its for exactly this sort of thing.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com