Struggling with message sequence when leaving fields

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 16:41:03 EDT 2013

I'm trying to figure out the sequence of messages when I leave one field
for another.

I always assumed that it would first be closeField, then tabKey (or
whatever caused the change), then the openField for the new field.

As I'm trying to debug, though, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm not quite certain, but it looks like tabKey begins immediately, with
closeField put into the message queue--whereupon it starts running while
I'm still in the debugger for tabKey, causing problems as it deletes the
running script . . .

Do I have this sequence right?

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.