OT: Time Machine Alternatives?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Oct 16 18:37:05 EDT 2013

Can't say whether this better (not using Time Machine) but for local
backup I use ChronoSync by Econ Technologies.  Gives you a fair amount of
control over what you want to backup, when, and where.  They also have an
extension that allows you to back up additional machines to your host
machine via the network.  Nice guy runs the company, and updates are
supposed to be free for life.

For cloud backup: CrashPlan

Regards,

Scott Rossi