OT: Time Machine Alternatives?

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Oct 16 18:31:44 EDT 2013

On Oct 16, 2013, at 1:22 PM, Mark Wieder <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:

> I've been using Time Machine to make backups, and it seems to do that job
> well, but the backup disk ends up with cross-linked files pretty rapidly and
> I end up reformatting the backup disk and starting from scratch frequently.
> This seems to me to be missing the point of having historical backups.
>
> So I'm throwing this open to see what others are using for backups on OSX. I
> assume there's something better than Time Machine out there and I'm just not
> aware of it. Thanks in advance.

We use Chronosync for all local backups. One of the nice things about this product is that you get free updates for life. It does archives if you like with lots of control over the details.  I highly recommend it.  Works on Macs only though.
http://www.econtechnologies.com/pages/cs/chrono_overview.html

We also use Crash Plan for offsite backups.
http://www.crashplan.com

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com