Scaling an Image to a Rect

Jim Lambert jiml at netrin.com
Wed Oct 16 13:24:56 EDT 2013

MarkW wrote:

> Subject: Re: Scaling an Image to a Rect
>
> Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:
>
>> You probably already know this, but in order to make the new Project
>> Browser the RunRev team added the ability to create thumbnails from the
>> import and export commands with the addition of "at" args:
>>
>>    import snapshot [from rect[angle] rectangle] [of object]
>>      [(with | without) effects] [at size width, height]
>
> Ah... no, I missed that. I knew about the effects setting, but not the size
> setting. I think "at" is a bit of a weird preposition in that context, but I
> guess the engine's parser has its limits. Thanks.

Just remember the 'at size' extension doesn't seem to work with all variations of the 'import snapshot' command.

WORKS:
import snapshot from image "dummy" at size 100,100
import snapshot from this card at size 100,100

DOESN'T WORK:
import snapshot from rectangle 0,0,300,300 at size 100,100
import snapshot from rectangle (the rect of image "dummy") at size 100,100

Jim Lambert