Scaling an Image to a Rect

FlexibleLearning.com admin at FlexibleLearning.com
Wed Oct 16 00:12:08 EDT 2013

Depends if you mind 'losing the cropped data' or not.

An alternative to Richard's elegant snapshot solution, which would lose the
cropped data, is a fixed location group where the resized image's width or
height fits the group width or height. Any excess image is not lost, simply
not visible. Also means you can use your existing proportional width/height
scaling routines.

Hugh Senior
FLCo

From: Richard Gaskin <ambassador at fourthworld.com>
To: use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
Sent: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:00:43 -0700
Subject: Re: Scaling an Image to a Rect

You probably already know this, but in order to make the new Project
Browser the RunRev team added the ability to create thumbnails from the
import and export commands with the addition of "at" args:

    import snapshot [from rect[angle] rectangle] [of object]
      [(with | without) effects] [at size width, height]

You still need to calculate the desired width and height, but the time
saved by letting the engine do this on the image buffer internally
rather than resizing an image and re-setting its contents is pretty amazing.

--
  Richard Gaskin