Compatability Livecode projects on OSX and Windows

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 16:54:40 EDT 2013

On 10/09/2013 11:24 PM, Beat Cornaz wrote:
> Are there any issues with starting a Livecode project on OSX, then copy it to a Windows laptop , continue working on it and then going back to the OSX again.
> The Windows is only during the time that I am travelling and want to continue programming my project. At home I'll switch to my Mac again.
> OSX on a Mac Mini and Windows on a still to buy windows laptop. If that works without hassles, then I am much cheaper off :-)
> Thanks for sharing any experiences in this area.
>
>   greetings,
>
> Beat

Put it this way:

I work at home on Mac OS 10.6 and Linux, take my code to work with me,
where, in my lunch break
I work on it in Linux,

from time to time, just so make sure that things are working as they
should (my stuff is produced for Mac and Windows) I test it using the
Windows version of Livecode both via WINE in Linux and in Windows XP
and Windows 7 in VMware.

I, at weekends, take my work up to my villa in the mountains and work
with it on a PPC Mac Mini running 10.4.

There are a few cross-platform 'differences', but they will only annoy
you if you are working in any area which
is not platform-neutral; these are fairly well documented in the info
inside the IDE.

Real cheap-jacks, who are only prepared to pay for Livecode commercial
on one platform, can work on their work using the community version on
other platforms; just so long as they remember to compile their
standalones back on their 'home' OS if they want to produce close-source
end products.

Richmond.