[OT] web training video delivery - how do YOU do it?

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Tue Oct 8 22:23:41 EDT 2013

On 10/8/13 4:57 PM, Paul Looney wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2013, at 1:44 PM, Phil Davis wrote:
>
>> I would greatly appreciate any insight you can share from your experience.
>
> Phil,
>
> I'll let the wiser people on this list comment on the technical aspects of your question.
>
> My experience is that it is better to make a good product for a smaller market rather than a marginal product for a larger market.
> If your product is good, word will spread. And your market will grow.
> If your product is compromised, for whatever reason (even if it is not directly related to your product - like the browser on which it is used), that word will also spread. And you will be fighting that reputation with every new sale you attempt.

Well said.
> ***
> A related question: if your potential buyers will not invest in a contemporary browser (which offers them many benefits for a minimal cost), why do you believe they will spend their money on your training system?

Uhh, Paul... it's the government.  ;-)

Their computer and internet experience tends to be a direct outcome of
decisions by their IT people. For example, the computers in some (many?)
agencies run virtualized systems, and don't allow anything to be
installed on a computer by its user. Hence web delivery of training in
my case.

> Paul Looney

Phil Davis