AW: Fighting with audio player again

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Oct 8 04:18:38 EDT 2013

Hi Peter,
yes, see also my posting "quicktime and windows 8". I think the
discontinuing comes from both sides, Apple and runrev. Apple doesn't support
windows 8 anymore for QT (though it still runs), but it is only a matter of
time until QT won't run anymore on any new windows version. I am afraid this
could even happen with any new windows update some day. On the other side LC
uses the very old windows multimedia API, which also will not be supported
any longer at some point from microsoft. All that’s why runrev has queued a
new QT independent media object. But it is only queued without plan date and
I hope it will come before the old system breaks down completely. QT is
already today the most frequent trouble maker for my program on clients
windows computers.
Tiemo

Auftrag