A Text file format for LiveCode

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 21:02:52 EDT 2013

Hi Monte,

Monte Goulding wrote
> Alejandro Tejada wrote:
>> 1) Search and Replace terms in all the handlers
>> of all stacks. Notice that many developers have published
>> stacks to export stacks as text, but this is a one way
>> conversion.
> We already have that in the IDE.

Only for stacks already opened.
Anyway, as already we could export stacks as Text files,
this is not too difficult to do.

Monte Goulding wrote
>> 3) New tools for analyzing, optimizing and refactoring
>> LiveCode scripts and stacks would use these text files
>> instead of their binary counterparts... This would be
>> an extraordinary advance for this platform.
> I don't really understand where the advantage is there either.
> Are these tools written in other languages? If so why?

Actually, these tools could be written in LiveCode too.
Maybe you, or Mark, want to create this for LiveCode
stacks, in your incredibly shrinking free time. ;)

Al