Strange standard button issues

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Oct 6 02:17:59 EDT 2013

On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM, J. Landman Gay <jacque at hyperactivesw.com>wrote:

> Oh, and also, it is possible to tick a checkbox without actually selecting
> the name of the effect. Things only work if both the checkbox is ticked and
> the name itself is hilited. So sometimes you need to click both.
>
> That's the bug, actually. The name hilite and the checkbox should be in
> synch.

OK, I finally see what's happening here.  I'm not sure it's a bug, just a
very strange UI.

The checkbox enables/disables each effect but you have to click on the
label next to the checkbox to enable the effect's parametersettings.
 That's pretty non-standard since normally you can click on a checkbox or
its label to check/uncheck it.

I think perhaps a better way would have been a set of checkboxes to
enable/disable as now plus maybe an option menu to select the parms to be
maintained., with the option menu choices being limited to the effects
which have been enabled.

Thanks Jacque for putting me on the right track to figuring this out!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>