Master Class Question

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Oct 5 09:35:46 EDT 2013

Cal Horner wrote:

> When I open a stack that I have blessed with a suffix other than the
> LiveCode standard ones I have to select "All Files" in the Stack File dialog

This is motivation to write the code your app will need anyway in order
to open the file.  :)

You can blame Apple for some of that:  in Ubuntu and Windows you can
easily traverse all controls in a dialog, even the file picker, without
ever leaving the keyboard.  On a Mac you have to make special
adjustments if you want to avoid having to keep switching between the
keyboard and mouse/trackpad.

That said, it would be nice if the IDE had a Shift-Cntrl-O option to
open with Any Files, but we certainly don't want that as the default
because it would be too easy to select non-LiveCode files.

> Where do I patch the IDE, so that it will recognize my file type on an "Ask File" dialog?

What did you find when you looked in the File button script of revMenuBar?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World