iOS 7 / Xcode 5 and the status bar.

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Tue Oct 1 16:54:50 EDT 2013

I disagree. First of all the background color(or the gray default
background) of the card is under the status bar. One way to fix this is to
put a black(or white) bar on the top of the card. One Problem, there is no
way to find out the status bar height anymore. Am I missing something here?

In the standalone setting there are three status bar options.
1) Default==>The status bar text is black and merges with the card's
background/controls.
2) Black opaque==> The text is white and merges with the card's
background/controls.
3) Black translucent==> Same as #2. I see no difference.

Rect observations......
The items that are different have a * preceding them.

iOS 6.1
 the rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
 the effective rect of this stack==>0,20,768,1024
 the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
 the effective rect of this card==>0,0,768,1004
 the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
 the working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
 the effective working screenRect==>0,20,768,1024
 the top of this stack==>20
 the bottom of this stack==>1024
 the top of this card==>0
 the bottom of this card==>1004

iOS 7
*the rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
*the effective rect of this stack==>0,0,768,1024
*the rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
*the effective rect of this card==>0,0,768,1024
 the screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the effective working screenRect==>0,0,768,1024
*the top of this stack==>0
 the bottom of this stack==>1024
 the top of this card==>0
*the bottom of this card==>1024