htmlText question

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Oct 1 14:08:15 EDT 2013

Richard-

> Tuesday, October 1, 2013, 7:50:57 AM, you wrote:

>> Mark Wieder wrote:
>>> replace "<" with "<" in tText

>> I'm pre-coffee so forgive me if the answer is obvious, but that does
>> that line accomplish?

> LOL. Gotta love email clients.
> That second "<" is (or was when I typed it) "& lt ;" without spaces.
> But that's all it takes to embed html code inside htmltext.

...and do note that I sent the email (as always) in straight text
mode, the listserv software kept the text formatting, and that the
text appears properly in the gmane archives:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.revolution.user/192493

So the "problem" is on your end. I see you're using Thunderbird to
handle the list emails. You might want to configure it to view text
instead of html in order to avoid this kind of problem in the future.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net