RELEASE LiveCode 6.5

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 15:50:22 EST 2013

On 28.11.2013 22:39, Monte Goulding wrote:
> On 29/11/2013, at 5:02 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I hope that between 6.5.0 and 7.0.0 there will be a much longer lag time with
>> interim releases so that when we get "there" (7.0.0) we don't get all upset again.
> Why would you get upset? RunRev must aggressively push forward in order to deliver what they have promised and a good way to do that is to get the .0 releases out ASAP and then open up a .1 release cycle almost immediately to clean things up. None of us are used to RunRev being as highly resourced as they are at present. I shudder to think of what can be achieved once the core refactoring is complete but it's going to be a bumpy ride to get there.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Monte Goulding

Personally I'm not upset in the slightest, but then I don't really have
anything that is really going to
upset my bank account riding on current releases. I think what RunRev
are doing is super.

However; no sooner was 6.5.0 final out the door than people for whom
what happens right now
got upset.

I would be quite happy if I could get my hands on a version of RR/LC
2.0.1 for Mac OS 9.

Richmond.