Icon Refresh

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Nov 27 21:44:24 EST 2013

Hi all.

Is there an easy way to get a button whose icon is from a referenced control to update when I modify the referenced file? For instance, I have a PNG file that I imported as a referenced control. I then set a buttons’ icon to the id of that control. All is well.

Now I want to change the size of the icon because it’s too big, so I edit the icon in Preview, half it’s size and save it. Now, how do I get Livecode to recognize the change and update the icon accordingly? I’m sure I could find a way around it, but I was hoping there was some kind of obscure livecode command I could use.

Bob Sneidar