problem with "launch" in a standalone

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 14:38:59 EST 2013

I used answer commands to locate the problem. Repeatedly if I have a general function handler in the main stack script, even something simple like:

function lastThing str, delmtr
   set the itemdel to delmtr
   return item -1 of str
end lastThing

then any script that calls the function will fail silently. If I move the contents of the function script into the calling script and do the exact same things directly instead of using a function, it works fine in the standalone. So I sacrificed elegance and brevity and stopped calling any of my utility functions and moved the contents into the various calling handlers. Don't know why I would have to do this, but problem solved. It didn't have to do with the launch command, it was failing right before the launch line of the script.

I now have (1) a working standalone and (2) more puzzlement about the workings of LiveCode.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig