Does a Control Exist?

Ray ray at linkit.com
Sun Nov 24 16:04:42 EST 2013

After looking at these thoughts I think I agree with Richmond.  It can
make for a difficult situation if something silently fails, so the trade
off with first having to check whether or not something exists is
probably best.

My original comparison to custom properties in which case you don't have
to check to see if the property exists, and if it doesn't the script
keeps on going, is not totally fair since custom properties are not the
same as controls.

Ray