Feedback request: getProp/setProp and lockMessages

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Nov 23 13:19:46 EST 2013

Mark Wieder wrote:

> I cautiously think this is a Good Thing. My hesitation is that
> lockMessages is critically important in being able to rescue stacks
> that have been set into infinite loops in resize and preopenstack
> handlers, etc. I realize that this change won't affect those because
> they're system messages and so would be masked, but I keep thinking
> that *somehow* there's a way to get into trouble.

I wonder if there might be some other global property - perhaps the
"killEveryMovingFanBladeSoICanStickMyFingersBetweenThem" - that could
help with such diagnostics.

Of course I'm joking about the token name, but this seems like something
rarely needed though useful when it is, and arguably should extend to
all custom message (send, dispatch, etc.).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World