Valentina 4 install fails with OS X Intel Only bundle

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Nov 22 04:44:06 EST 2013

Hello,

For Valentina users.

I tried to install the Valentina drivers with the installscript
"install_vcomponents_v4rev_v4" into an OS X "Intel Only" bundle, created
with LC 6.1 on OS X 10.5. The installer script runs through without errors,
but it copies only the "/Contents/vcomponents" folder into my bundle, but
not the "/Contents/MacOS/Externals/database_drivers" folder and not the
"/Contents/MacOS/Externals/v4rev.bundle".

After fiddling around for a day I found out by accident that everything runs
fine with a LiveCode bundle, which is build for "Mac OS X (Universal)". As a
workaround I am going on to use the Universal package, though I wanted to
reduce the size of the package with intel only.

I have no idea what is going on under the hood of those packages, but it
would be of interest what the difference in the package structure is, what
could cause the fail copying valentina files into them?

Tiemo