item delimiter defaults

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Nov 21 17:21:49 EST 2013

Thursday, November 21, 2013, 1:58:05 PM, Kee wrote:

> Being able to set a global for the itemdelimiter is not a problem
> I want solved because of all the potential problems I don’t need
> that it can create. It’s fine the way it is.

In addition, it makes code harder to read because you have to keep in
mind constantly what the default itemDelimiter is when you see a line
of code that uses items. If substacks inherit a default delimiter then
this could cause problems. If they don't inherit, then this could also
cause problems.

If anything, I'd argue that things should be the other way around:
that there be *no* default itemDelimiter, and the use of items without
having explicitly defined the delimiter should result in a runtime
error.

--
-Mark Wieder
 ahsoftware at gmail.com