item delimiter defaults

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Thu Nov 21 13:19:22 EST 2013

I agree. I almost never use commas and mostly use TABs so I frequently have to add the extra statements in my code.

The only problem I see in making this change now is that it will break some apps. If I give or get a stack from someone who defaults to a different delimiter things will break in funny ways.

Perhaps there can be a statement in some standard place such as preOpenStack like “set the itemDelimiter to XXX” or a stack Custom Property. LiveCode IDEs after a certain date will read and set it and if it isn’t there the current behavior of comma will be used as the default. This would provide backwards compatibility without much overhead.

The LiveCode folks don’t typically read this mail group so while this is a great place for a discussion it won’t get their attention.

Bill Vlahos