RELEASE: LiveCode 6.5 RC6

Benjamin Beaumont ben at runrev.com
Thu Nov 21 04:52:45 EST 2013

Hi All,

Thank your for you taking part in this discussion. There are a couple of
points here to address:

1) Releases showing clearly what has changed.
This is a great suggestion from Mark. We will update our system producing
the release notes and auto-updater text to list clearly what has changed in
a given release.

2) Release frequency.
The release of RC6 was due to issues found in RC5. We were able to fix them
on the day they were reported so put out a new build for testers to work
with.

A release candidate by definition is a release that we believe to be
'release worthy'. As soon as issues are found in that candidate, it is no
longer 'release worthy' and we work as quickly as we can to fix the issues,
resulting in a new release candidate. Sometime it can take us a couple of
weeks to fix all the issues, other times, just one day. Hopefully that goes
some way to explain why the release frequency is variable.

In general, as we approach a GM release, you can expect the release
frequency to increase. Right at the end of the cycle, a flurry of daily
releases is certainly possible as we tweak minor issues and put out new
'release candidates'.

There is a preferences pane for updates which lets you configure what
version you would like to be notified of. You can choose to receive
notifications of stable, maintenance, beta and development.

I hope that helps,

Warm regards,

Ben