item delimiter defaults

Vokey, John vokey at uleth.ca
Thu Nov 21 01:55:31 EST 2013

All,
  I know it is not just me (as all of my colleagues complain about it as well): having the default item delimiter be a comma is annoying, as most of us use the tab delimiter.  Most of the functions I write have an additional parameter (the item delimiter used in the passed data) to accommodate, but it would MUCH simpler if we could just set the *default* item delimiter.  And, as I think about it, why not the same for all delimiters?  So, how about an engine command such as: set the default itemdelimiter to <x> that sets the itemdelimiter to whatever x contains until the stack is closed or another set the default itemdelimiter to <x> is encountered?
See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey